2017 SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The American Association of Japanese University Women (AAJUW) is currently accepting scholarship applications for 2017. AAJUW was founded in 1970 to promote the education of women, as well as to contribute to U.S. – Japan relations, cultural exchanges, and development of leadership. Since the founding of the organization, scholarships have been awarded every year to outstanding female students. This year each awardee will receive a $2,000 scholarship.
- Female student enrolled in an accredited California college or university
- Has Junior, Senior or Graduate standing in the school year 2017-2018
- Recipient, at her own expense, is asked to attend the award ceremony held on Sunday, January 28, 2018 in Los Angeles.
- Demonstrate a desire and intent to fulfill a leadership role in your chosen field of study and to be a contributor to U.S.-Japan relations and cultural exchanges
- Must not have received an AAJUW scholarship previously
- Scholarship Application Form (available on-line http://www.aajuw.org )
- A current resume
- Official transcript(s) for the past two years of study to be sent directly from the college/university to AAJUW Scholarship Committee
- Two letters of recommendation, addressed to AAJUW Scholarship Committee. One letter must be written by a professor in your major field of study.
An essay explaining how you plan to use your knowledge for the betterment of U.S. – Japan relationship. Be specific in your essay to clarify your ideas in English or in Japanese. It should not exceed more than two pages (8 1⁄2 x 11, double-spaced).
DEADLINE AND SUBMISSION
All required documents including official transcripts and letters of recommendation must be received by the AAJUW Scholarship Committee by October 31, 2017. Recipients will be notified by the first week of December 2017. If you have any questions, please send e-mail to email@example.com
Mailing address to be used:
AAJUW Scholarship Committee
3543 West Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90016